About Me

My photo
I am Total Lunar Eclipse. I am an elf. I am Steelhead.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Some much needed Rest and Relaxation

"I heard from someone that this other person... you know who said ...... "

I could almost feel Tensai's muscles tense from across the room, the creak of leather stressed by her fingers balling into a fist.

I had been sipping tea looking out through the stained glass windows overlooking the small storefronts and gardens across from the town hall. At this news I looked over my shoulder and stared at Fuzzball who seemed just as tired of talk around town as I was.

He stopped and we both looked at each other. He set the paper with the account at the edge of my desk on the stack of building codes I had to go over.

"I heard something, I may need a few days to check something out."

"What was that?" I asked him leaning against the frame of the window for support.

"I don't know my fur's all bunched. Something isn't right." He rubbed his arms roughly looking over his shoulder to the dark hallway.

"Take the time you need friend."

"No way." Fuzz composed himself and stood tall, "You both have been working non stop for a long time. I'd say doc's orders but..." His voice trailed off.

"Are you telling me that I should take a vacation?" I grinned wondering if he was actually telling me to get away for a few days.

"Sure am, I could lock you both in with Willard but that wouldn't be much of a trip unless she wants to open a portal to another dimention... that could be fun."

I thought about it for a moment, the days had been stressful and it has been of my own doing. I got involved into something I shouldn't have and have been paying the consequences every day since. I hate getting into arguments, I hate starting arguments... I should just shut up and smile and nod more often it saves my ears.

Tensai was staring at me with large cat like eyes, her now cat ears straight on me waiting for me to say the words. She was tired I could tell. She had kept herself locked away in the basement away from the life, away from the sounds, away from it all.

"Sure Fuzz, I'll take you up on that offer." I gave him a smile and he seemed relieved, Tensai made a purr and grinned like a cheshire cat. "Where would you like to go my dear?"

She paused for a moment putting a finger on her lips, "Hell I don't know... oh man I need to pack... who'se going to bring the black powder!" She happily screeched as she ran out of sight.

"You both have fun... I mean it." He pointed a finger right at my chest before walking down the stairs.

I set down my tea and looked at the slip of paper he set on my desk. I glanced it over and sighed. People have problems, people have opinions... but we're adults right. I wanted to help but ended up dragging myself into a giant mess of my own choosing and making. I really am sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone but I guess I may lose a resident or more... I don't know.

The paper crumpled into a ball and I tossed it in the fire watching it burn with slight worry. But I have faith in people, in others. For now I will just fade myself away and get some much needed rest in some obscure city by the beach watching Tensai fish... with dynamite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get some sleep - everything seems better after some sleep :)

Fuzzball Ortega said...

Well....what do you know....people DO listen to me.....