Damn it all to hell, all seven of them.
Sometimes it felt good to feel pain. Maybe it was an addiction like the humans had to 'the bottle' or 'needle.' It was a comfort and a sign of weakness but there are times we slip and fall... and right now I needed the comfort.
The bloody knife slipped from my hand to the ground. Five long thin fresh scars began to bleed slowly, blood dripping down my forearm pooling at the fingertips before falling to the ground.
Someone had to pay for this travesty, it may as well be me.
The mark burns, it feels like my flesh is on fire. Touching my hand to forehead my fingertips are cool to the touch. It helps if just a bit. "Away with you demon." I glared over my shoulder to the one person I really did not wish to see.
Two glowing violet eyes looked back at me from the darkness before taking a step forward into the light. He held up his hand and brushed a few strands of long violet hair using his talon behind his protruding elfish ear. He looked sickly thin and pale wearing a thick metal collar around his neck and on his head two thick horns protruded outward. "Chronos." I turned around leaning against the railing staring at a man who carried all my features.
"You're a walking contradiction to this place Lunar." He muttered before looking down at my arm. "You helped create this place that is so full of life and love and happiness, but you can never enjoy it can you?"
I closed my eyes, "No."
"Did you hurt someone again?" He whispered sadly.
"Yes."
"Do you know why?"
I shook my head, "I do not have an answer to that. Perhaps I am marked."
"That is correct sinner."
The demon started making little sense to me as of late. He spoke sometimes in riddles, perhaps it was a bad idea to hide him in Steelhead. "Explain."
"All sinner's are marked Lunar. I am marked, and you are marked."
"I am no demon Chronos."
"Are you so terribly certain elf?"
"Did we not have this conversation before, or are you pretending to listen as I explain? My father was Surion of House Eclipse, night elf, moon elf... whatever it be known. We worship Ithill, Goddess of the moon."
"And your mother."
"Lady Arwenisdale of Blood Red Moon."
"Blood Red Moon...." He stood beside me putting a thoughtful finger to his lips.
"Chronos, whom was she?" There could only be one way someone would understand so fully what I was going through. He turned and looked at me, it feels odd having someone actually look down at you instead of the other way around.
"Rosette."
I nodded looking down at the stone pavement. "Then why is Tensai different."
"I have given that a great deal of thought. She is not from this time, the astral flow does not affect her as it does others. As for you being marked as a demon not all demons are born black blooded. Extreme pain, anger, anguish... that causes a part of your mind to open up into a forbidden place. But you... you and I are very much of one blood."
"How do you assume that?"
He stared at me for a bit in an obvious surprised state. I closed my eyes and shook my head. I rather forget Chronos looks identical to me.
"When I fall to my blood, I don't remember the anger, the rage... the pain. I destroyed a town and didn't realize it was me. Isn't that right Lunar?"
I narrowed my eyes, "How did you know?"
He smiled and pointed to the middle of my forehead, "Build higher walls next time." Chronos took a step back and a violet tint began to permeate his skin. His wings disappeared and he reached back and pulled out a rather large hat, "Brodder I vill leaf hyu now."
I watched the jaeger walk away into the night. Perhaps it was bad to bring him here, but I had nowhere else to take him. His astral energies were low, he was a fugitive of Pandemonium, a Sinner and a demon.
The SWAT team would kill me if they found out.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.bmp)
No comments:
Post a Comment