The longer she yelled at me the more I realized she was telling the truth. "If you didn't accidentally experiment on me... and I am not masking my appearance in a spell.... THEN WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENED TO ME?"
"I don't know Lunar!"
She looked so much more upset than she should be, "What's wrong?"
Tensai grabbed my hand and dragged me down the hall before shoving me in front of a mirror. I reached up and patted my round cheeks, "Oh my."
"Lunar I look like I married ... a child. It's like illegal!"
I sat down and folded my arms wondering what happened from now to the night before to cause this... change. I closed my eyes and tried to feel out to the vein of astral that flows through all living things, it had always been a comfort to me when I traveled alone, it allowed me to speak to nature, plants, and other organic lifeforms.
It was just not there.
My mind raced 'ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod' until I blacked out.
.....
"Lunar are you alright?"
I opened my eyes and recognized the ceiling of the lab and the feel of laying on a cold slab of steel. "I fainted?"
"Well... yea you went out cold." She leaned over, her red ponytail fell over her shoulder and brushed my arm. "When you started to shiver I gave you a sedative, you've been out almost a day."
"A sedative? Those things don't work on me."
"I gave you the same dosage I use on your owls and you just konked."
"Wait... you sedate my owls?"
"I ran some tests, took some blood, and checked your vitals." She held up a clipboard and sifted through some papers, "I don't actually think you're a human."
"Thank Ithill." I sat up though some of her machines were still wired to me.
"But... your vitals are weak.... for you that is. Your heartbeat is weak for you, your white blood count is low, they're mirroring human."
"So I am or I am not?"
"Its hard to say, you're a different species but you're... a human. Its like everything that made you... YOU... is not there anymore."
"I can't feel the trees outside, I can't see the veins of life, I can't feel the astral... I don't understand."
"It's ok Lunar we'll figure this out."
Her reassuring hand on my shoulder did not give me the comfort I craved, nor the feeling of unity that I was used to. My closet was full of clothing custom made to my elven self, nothing fit, my chairs were too massive and my whole house just seemed too big now. I had to resort to using Tensai's clothing for now and even her boots. I decided that I needed to build something lest my mind go crazy along with the rest of me.
When I walked outside the sky even seemed different, the waves of astral I was used to seeing in the air was gone. The trees seemed tall and intimidating and unfamiliar, I knelt next to the Bunneh that made residence outside the house and pet him behind the ears.
"That's hilarious you know."
I leaped upwards when I heard his voice out of the blue behind me, "Don't scare me like that!"
Fuzz stared at me a moment, "Whatever you heard me breathing a mile away." He walked over to me and now stood a few inches taller than me and smiled finding that most amusing. "I've seen you mask the form of a dragon, a tiger, even a woman... but never a human."
"Fuzz... we have to speak. I don't think you're going to like this."
.bmp)
No comments:
Post a Comment